Tuesday, December 1, 2009

GREAT NEWS!!



Jim's oncologist called a few hours ago to say Jim had produced a million stem cells over the past two days.  Dr. L. says he will probably have enough by Friday to end the pheresis.  This is EXCELLENT news, and since you've had to wade with us through the disappointments, I wanted to let you know things are looking up!  Too bad I'm too dignified to do a cartwheel. Yes, that's what proscribes it.   My dignity.  Oh, and my knees,  my back, my hands...anyway,, that's me on the right.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That is great news. Keep producing millions, Jim. And keep up those metaphorical cartwheels, Linda. We're rooting for your team.
Marje and Larry

Jeannie said...

Very exciting news . . . . Hip Hip Horray!

(and you really don't want to do those cartwheels . . . . what is under those skirts . . . . hmmm . . . .speaking for myself . . . . not a pretty sight)

Laura said...

6500 in a week. Then brings it up to a MILLION in 2 days. He's a freak! I think he likes us in "suspense" mode...

WHOOOHOOOOOOO, anyway though!!!!

:o) I just looked for my "Like" button on here... Toooo much FB!

Ted Rockwell said...

Just wonderful, Jim. And Linda, and all the rest of you that "also serve who stand and wait."

I don't have any fancy words for the occasion, but just a great surge of relief. I know it isn't over yet, I know there are other questions ahead. But this is really great all by itself, and we all needed it, including especially Jim and Linda.

Let's savor it.

lena0652 said...

Hoooooraaaaaaaaaaaay fopr Jim. Linda Jumping Jacks can supplement for cartwheels..lol

Donna Webb said...

Caregiving is so divirsified, but universally links us together in a hub, ever turning. We give strength to each other in our weak times, and share with joy the moments of encouragement and hope we receive.
Have another cartwheel, it's calorie free!
A wonderful report!

Denise said...

Hi--It's the little battles that win the war. Congrats!! And, thanks for joining our blog party--I'm so glad to have you with us. :) Happy Holidays!