Sunday, November 30, 2008


The days since Thanksgiving weekend began have been a treat beyond measure.  Jim's pain has abated, so he is up and around more. Hopefully the radiation treatment to his broken ribs is taking its healing effect. 

It was wonderful to have my sister and family here for dinner on Thanksgiving... plus our own kids, and their kids.  So casual and familiar.  Jim came down for dinner, then came back later and spent a few hours talking and joking with everyone.  The meds sometimes make him tired, but it's all a balancing act, and we seem to be getting the hang of it.

The decision not to shop for Christmas has been liberating for me in a way I hadn't appreciated.
No medical appointments, no commitments, just morning flowing into afternoon and then slipping into evening.  Plenty of leftovers so there are no meal-time chores.  I feel like I am in a feather bed of bliss.  How ironic that it took something so draconian to make me appreciate the beauty of not  banging my head into obstacles of my own making.  But I am not surprised that this eerie journey we find ourselves on has a positive side, with new awareness and opportunities to grow, hanging on low branches, waiting to be discovered.

Don't worry, by Monday I'll be an insane grump again. This la-la land never stays long!!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

great image...good find.

Linda said...

The quintessential feather bed!

Judy said...

thanks even when we didn't think we had anything to be thankful for! you have earned every second of bliss - even if it is only for a weekend.